Family Law

Family law encompasses but is not limited to the following areas: child custody, divorce, adoption, child support, and name changes. By aggressively advocating for you, Jasmit will craft a solution that is in line with your legal and personal goals. When dealing with life-altering changes, you need a competent, creative advocate who is able to help you resolve your case favorably. Whether you need a prenuptial agreement or representation in an uncontested cor contested divorce, Jasmit will ensure that your rights are protected. Do not risk losing your assets or children, consult with Jasmit prior to signing any legal documents.


Can I get divorced in Texas if I was married in another state or country?

Yes. You can file for divorce in Texas if you have lived in the state of Texas for six months, and in the county where you file for divorce for at least ninety days preceding the lawsuit.

Can I get divorced or file a lawsuit in Texas if I am undocumented?

Yes. You can file for divorce or file a lawsuit in the state of Texas if you are undocumented. Your legal status most often is inadmissible in a court of law. It should not affect your family law case or civil lawsuit.

How long does the divorce process typically take?

The length of the divorce process will depend on whether it is contested. The quickest time that one can obtain a divorce in the state of Texas is 60 days. However, if there is a property or custody dispute the process can take significantly longer.