[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type=”row” type=”full_width” text_align=”left” css_animation=””][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text]


[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][qode_accordion style=”toggle”][qode_accordion_tab title=”Does your office offer payment plans?”][vc_column_text]Yes. We work with our clients to make our legal services accessible to their financial needs. We typically require a small down payment and affordable monthly payments thereafter.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”What types of cases does your office accept?”][vc_column_text]We are a full-service law firm that can assist you with family, immigration, civil, probate, and criminal law matters.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”Can I get divorced in Texas if I was married in another state or country?”][vc_column_text]Yes. You can file for divorce in Texas if you have lived in the state of Texas for six months, and in the county where you file for divorce for at least ninety days preceding the lawsuit.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”Can I get divorced or file a lawsuit in Texas if I am undocumented?”][vc_column_text]Yes. You can file for divorce or file a lawsuit in the state of Texas if you are undocumented. Your legal status most often is inadmissible in a court of law. It should not affect your family law case or civil lawsuit.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”How long does the divorce process typically take?”][vc_column_text]The length of the divorce process will depend on whether it is contested. The quickest time that one can obtain a divorce in the state of Texas is 60 days. However, if there is a property or custody dispute the process can take significantly longer.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][/qode_accordion][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]


[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][qode_accordion style=”toggle”][qode_accordion_tab title=”My child just turned twenty-one. Can I apply for residency?”][vc_column_text]Yes, if you entered with permission you can apply for adjustment of status in the United States. If you entered without permission, you may qualify for Deferred Action under President Obama’s Executive Order if you have been present in the United States since January 1, 2010.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”I have a criminal history. Does this bar me from applying for deferred action or adjustment of status?”][vc_column_text]Certain crimes may render you ineligible for many immigration benefits. It is best to schedule a consultation to discuss your particular criminal history.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”ICE has detained my family member. Is there anything I can do to secure their release?”][vc_column_text]Your loved one may qualify for an immigration bond with ICE. We can file an application for bond determination with the local immigration court. A hearing will be set and a judge will determine the amount of bond necessary to secure your loved one’s release from detention.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”Should I pay a criminal bond if my relative has an immigration hold?”][vc_column_text]No, you should not pay the criminal bond because your loved one will not be released, instead you should work towards obtaining an immigration bond once your relative is transferred to ICE custody.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][/qode_accordion][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]


[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][qode_accordion style=”toggle”][qode_accordion_tab title=”I performed work for a company but they refused to pay me. What can I do?”][vc_column_text]The attorney can compose a demand letter outlining the tasks you performed and demanding payment for the work. Frequently, the attorney is able to negotiate a settlement without having to file a lawsuit.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”I was sold a good or product that does not work or operate the way it is supposed to. What can I do?”][vc_column_text]You may have a claim under the Deceptive Trade Practices Act which prohibits the use of false or misleading information to induce consumers to enter into transactions.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][/qode_accordion][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]


[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][qode_accordion style=”toggle”][qode_accordion_tab title=”How can I get my criminal conviction taken off my record?”][vc_column_text]In many cases, you can apply for an order of non-discourse or an expunction. It depends on the specific conviction and how long ago it occurred.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”If I am undocumented and charged with a crime, will I be automatically deported or detained by immigration authorities?”][vc_column_text]No, you will not be subject to automatic deportation. Local authorities may or may not get ICE involved. In many cases, you will be allowed to serve your jail sentence or probation without the involvement of immigration authorities. It is the decision of local law enforcement authorities to notify ICE. There is not a regular protocol across the board.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][qode_accordion_tab title=”I am currently on probation. Can I obtain an early release from probation?”][vc_column_text]Yes, in many cases once you complete a period of time on supervision, you may petition the court to grant you an early termination from supervision.[/vc_column_text][/qode_accordion_tab][/qode_accordion][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row]